- 1 bottle (24 ounces) Dierbergs ketchup
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup Dierbergs butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Dierbergs brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 2 packages (about 4½ pounds each) chicken leg quarters (10 to 12 pieces)
- ¼ cup firmly packed Dierbergs brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
FOR SWEET AND SMOKY BBQ SAUCE: In medium bowl, whisk together ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, butter, brown sugar, liquid smoke, dry mustard and celery seed until well mixed.
Remove 1½ cups Sauce to baste chicken. Cover and chill remaining Sauce up to 1 month
SWEET AND SMOKY BBQ CHICKEN: Trim and discard excess fat from chicken.
In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except BBQ Sauce. Rub spice mixture evenly over chicken; let stand at room temperature 15 minutes.
Place chicken skin-side down on oiled grid over medium heat; grill until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Move chicken to side of grid for indirect heat; cover and grill turning occasionally until internal temperature is 145°F., about 30 minutes.
Baste chicken with reserved BBQ Sauce; cover and grill turning often and basting with Sauce until internal temperature is 165°F., about 10 to 15 minutes.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 221 mg
Fat: 35 g
Sodium: 1218 mg
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Protein: 47 g
Saturated Fat: N/A