- 3 tablespoons Dierbergs butter
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dierbergs flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 carton (8.25 ounces) chicken stock
- 6 ounces (½ of 12-ounce package) egg noodles, cooked and drained according to package directions
- 1 can (12 ounces) solid white albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Dierbergs shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen baby peas, thawed
- 1 cup coarsely crushed potato chips
In large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion, salt, thyme, and pepper; cook stirring frequently until onion wilts, about 3 minutes.
Whisk in flour; cook stirring constantly 1 minute. Whisk in half-and-half and stock; cook whisking constantly until mixture thickens, about 7 minutes.
Stir in cooked noodles, tuna, cheese, and peas until well mixed.
Pour mixture into 8-inch square baking dish that has been lightly coated with no-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle crushed chips over top. Bake in 375°F. oven until top is golden brown, about 35 minutes.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 157 mg
Fat: 38 g
Sodium: 973 mg
Carbohydrates: 55 g
Protein: 37 g
Saturated Fat: N/A