- 2 cartons (8.25 ounces each) chicken stock
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup polenta corn grits (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 4 ounces (1 cup) shredded white cheddar cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (optional)
In large saucepan, bring stock, half-and-half, honey, cayenne, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to a boil over medium-high heat. Slowly whisk in grits; reduce heat, cover, and cook stirring often until liquid is absorbed and mixture is thick, about 15 minutes.
Remove from heat, stir in cheeses until melted and well mixed. Stir in cream.
Spoon into serving bowls.
Serving Size: Per Serving
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Fat: 13 g
Sodium: 343 mg
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Protein: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g